Thursday, November 18, 2010

Some Thoughts

There are things that we can't do ourselves. Have you ever tried to move a couch into a building by yourself? If so then you know what I'm talking about about. We need each other. No one man (or woman) stands alone in this world. We are designed to be in relation with one another and if you deny that then you have it dead wrong. I'm sorry friend but if you don't believe me then just try doing the task that was mentioned at the beginning of this paragraph. So how does this concept play into our lives? Not just our everyday life but our life as a whole because another truth about humanity is that we fail. As much as a person would like help another person all the time they won't be able to, all the time. There are things that the former person won't understand about the latter. We can't know exactly what is going through the head of the person we want to help. So where does that leave us? Will we just have a gap that won't be filled? A spot that no one else will fully understand? No, it doesn't have to be that way. Because there is a being who wants to help you and They (or He/She) know exactly what you are going through. They know what you want, what is going on in your mind, and what you truly need. They are the Trinity.

Over these past few weeks I have been able to see the power of the living God alive in my life. Just like there are tasks that other people help me complete, there are tasks that God helps me complete. There is no way that I would be at peace right now if it hadn't been for the Father, Son, and Holy Ghost's intervention. Two and a half weeks ago I was about ready to throw in the towel, give up, and go back to the states. But through God I was able to find a peace that filled me so much that I have found a new yearning for Romania. So much so that this weekend I gave up one of my passions, traveling, to stay behind and hang out with some Romanian youth a little this weekend.

Another example of God helping me complete a task is, as many know, when we were in Italy driving about, trying to find hostels and other various attractions, we probably would have died if it hadn't been for the supernatural calm that was over us (it's crazy that within chaos there is tranquility).

“But,” you might say, “if God is watching over us, granting us what we need, then why don't we always have peace?” Well, there's a catch, you have to ask, and even then it is granted in His time. But this is where other people can help too, they can ask for things for you. This is called praying. Talking to God. Affirming love for Him and your fellow man/woman. You see before we would drive anywhere in Italy we would pray, we would pray for safety and peace, and they were granted. Before the week begins I pray for peace, and not only do I pray but also my team back home, who remembers me daily. I truly believe that without my team of prayer warriors back home I would be freaking out right now and likely missing out on all the great things that are happening here.

All this is to say that we are not alone, we have someone who cares for us and wants us to care for Them and each other. And there is no little power in prayer, no instead there is great power and we should use it to further The Kingdom.



Dedicated to those that have prayed for me while I am in Romania.

To those that prayed regularly, prayed once, or even just thought about me, Thank You.


In Christ,

Bryent TAD Slagter

No comments: