Thursday, September 10, 2009

Zacusca Day!












Last Saturday we were fortunate enough to have the opportunity to make Zacusca, which is very traditional to Romanian culture. This is like a vegetable spread that one would most likely eat on bread, and it is canned so it will last a very long time. Some of the ingredients include red peppers, eggplant, onion, tomato paste, salt and pepper, and vegetable oil. It was a very long process that took much time and patience. However, it tastes wonderful and we had so much fun doing it! Here are some pictures to capture the day, and hopefully we can get the recipe posted soon so you will all know how to make it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

whoaa.. now you're getting really Romanian... just to let you know NOT ALL Romanians like Zacusca, or maybe it's only my Hungarian heritage.. I detest that thing :P [My brother loves it though] Keep on having fun guys, I really wish I was home, I miss those places so bad :) [Ironically cause you guys probably miss this part of the world]